Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keeping on Track

It's important for me as a writer to stick with it. The longer breaks I take between writing on a book, the harder it is for me to find the voice of the book again. I hate missing a day. I usually penalize myself by writing twice as much the next day. Unfortunately, being sick also has an effect. It makes the mind sluggish, dull, lifeless. I'm not against writing when I'm sick, but it often drains the motivation so that I don't write.

I won't say that I've been sick for a week now, because I'm not sure that I have. I do know that I haven't felt well (on and off) for a week now. My writing has suffered as a result. Today I am getting back on the horse. It is time to recover my novel.

I need to keep writing so I have something worth updating soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment