Saturday, January 9, 2010

First post of 2010!

Well, I'm not sure why I am writing this blog post. This blog should have died with 2009, but I find myself unable to resist updating here occasionally.

Let's start with November and the Nanowrimo challenge. I failed! 10,000 words and then life caught up with me. It might have helped to have a computer at home, but I don't know for sure. November was a busy month. I did learn that I didn't like writing as fast as I was writing (I was putting out 2000 words a day). I wouldn't mind putting out that many words a day, if I had all day to do it. That is, if writing was my day job.

We got a new computer for Christmas, which makes it much easier for me to maintain my writing habit. I tried on several attempts to revitalize my work in progress "Soul Mating" (formerly known as Progression). However, the multiple starts and stops have made me unenthusiastic about the project. I don't remember what I've written so I have to reread each time I go back to it, and the inertia is gone. I've officially placed it in a coma (it's not dead yet) and moved on to a new book.

This book has the working title "Moon Shadows." Trina's not a fan of the title. Neither am I, but it gives me something to refer to the project by, and it makes me laugh at the same time. I have no idea what this book is about. Well, correction. I have an idea, but it's a small one. And it's got me excited. I can't go into the details here, but it was an idea I've had since high school. However, the idea is just a background. A puzzle to be solved. I have no idea who my characters are, my world, or how to solve the problem. I'm just writing it, and letting these things show up as they become necessary. I'm sure the first draft will be ridiculously bad, but I'm enjoying the writing again.

And that's what I'm writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment